Having rhematoid arthirtis for well over 30 years I can say my body has been through a lot of wear and tear. After surviving a hip replacement and a shoulder replacement I can safely say I feel really strong at the young age of 46! I have made it my life goal to remain fit and strong for the rest of my life. All of these products I use now on a daily basis which helps me maintain my strength and flexibility. As we age if we don’t maintain we lose our muscle mass and our flexibility. Bones shrink over time and lose density, which makes them more susceptible to breakage.
Some of the links in this post might be affiliate links. This means that if you click on the link and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission~ at no extra cost for you, which helps me cover the costs for the blog.
- Resistance bands are all the RAGE and they are well worth your money. Man if there’s one thing I actually enjoy using are these babies. There are several different type of exercises you can do with these bands. These bands can grow your muscles and tone them at the same time. Man, we all want that. I started off with a really easy band and I’m showing growth and moved up a color which put more resistance on me. This is a must purchase. I use them on my glutes daily and I can definitely tell my legs have gotten more defined. https://amzn.to/3g5LKlj
There’s a book that goes along with the bands that help you figure out numerous exercises you can do with these amazing bands!
2. Weights are key to toning and building muscle mass. When you increase your muscles, you are also increasing your metabolism which means you’re burning more calories throughout the day. In fact, regular strength training, is just as important as cardio exercise for losing fat and getting fit. I’ve been really stepping up my game with low weights but more repetitions. I can tell the difference in my arms now that I have been lifting in the past few months.
You could also just start with five pounds weights and skip the 2lbs and 3lbs if you think you could do 5lbs. Personal preference
3. My Exercise ball, comes in handy so I don’t have to lay on the floor to do sit-ups.I also use this ball to lift weights while sitting up. There are many uses for this ball, my kids use it to for push-ups. There’s a book that shows you some exercises. Once you get using it you won’t stop.
4. TRX bands (Total Body Resistance Exercise) These bands are great to stretch out my shoulders and do arm stretches. You can put these bands on a door, a tree, a pole. These bands are so helpful for improved cardio and strength training. There’s a TRX account with your purchase and there website supplies you with different types of workouts.
5. Foam Roller- Great way to recover from a workout. It’s an amazing self-massage. It’s a great way to self massage those trigger points and knots that build up from activity and to get our tissues sliding and gliding properly. I use this on my thighs, and my lower back. It’s also helpful to rid cellulite on the thighs. Cheap price and it’s well worth the massage.