I would qualify myself as a good eater. I buy organic as much as I can and eat plenty of fruits and vegetables daily. With that being said I still feel as if I need to take daily vitamins for optimal health. This wasn’t always the case of eating right and daily vitamins being taken. A little over a year ago I had a complete shoulder replacement due to my Rheumatoid Arthritis. While recovering I promised myself I would take better care of myself. I embarked on a long journey on a healthy mindset and vitamins for optimal health. I hope you find this information valuable and you too take matters into your own hands and do research on vitamins that work for you. Again I am not a medical doctor therefore, I am simply explaining what works for my body. Please seek your medical doctor’s opinion before taking any of these vitamins. I must tell you though I feel strong and healthier now than ever before!
- Vitamin D3 -There are many benefits of taking this vitamin. For example: Fights disease-helps reduce your likelihood of heart disease, reducing your risk of multiple sclerosis, according to a 2006 study published in the Journal of the American Medicinal Association. Helps to reduce your likelihood of developing the flu, according to 2010 research published in the American Journal of Clinical nutrition. Research has shown that Vitamin D might play an important role in regulating mood and warding off depression. Vitamin D boosts weight loss. According to a study, done by Dr. Angelo Tremblay and published by Cambridge University press July 17, 2008. Symptoms of a vitamin D deficiency is adults include;
Tiredness, aches and pains, severe bone or muscle pain or weakness that may cause difficulty climbing stairs or getting up from the floor or a low chair. Doctors can diagnose a vitamin D deficiency by performing a simple blood test. If you have a deficiency your doctor may order X-rays to check the strength of your bones.
- Zinc supplement is an essential mineral that helps the immune system fight off invading bacteria and viruses.
- Fish oil taken daily has many benefits. It’s rich in Omega 3 Fatty acids, which are very important for your health. May support heart disease may aid weight loss, support eye health may reduce inflammation in your immune system. Also may help support healthy skin including psoriasis and dermatitis.
- Ashwagandha supports a healthy response to everyday stress, over-work and fatigue. It can boost brain function, lower blood sugar, and cortisol levels, and helps fight symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- Daily Probiotic- probiotics are great to restore good bacteria in your gut. They also prevent urinary tract infections, bolster immunity, improve fertility, prevent traveler’s diarrhea, clear up skin problems, and boost digestion.
I hope you take the time to really feed your body vitamins and nutritious foods. Try and limit your intake of processed foods and fill your plate with as many fruits and vegetables as you can eat.
All my best,