These 10 tips have helped me loose weight and they can help you too!
Trying to shed that extra ten pounds can be a challenge. I know I’ve been there. It’s tough to peel those extra pounds off your body. It’s frustrating because you want it to come off in a week and your body, just won’t given in so easily. Well, I have a tried and true way to take those 10 pounds off permanently without any pills or weightloss shakes. Here are the tips that I have used to do just that:
- No eating after 7:00 p.m. I know it seems like a big struggle, but trust me, you’ll get use to the stomach growling and drink water instead of food. Your body is more likely to store those calories as fat and gain weight rather than burn it as energy. Eating before bed can cause the body’s metabolism to slow. The body slows down its functions at night to prepare for sleep, consuming foods can make it harder to digest and result in weight gain.
- Mindful eating– every bite you take really savor the texture of the food. Remember to slow down and take time to enjoy every last morsel. Eating is not suppose to be done quickly. Take small bites and remember to go slow. Turn off the tv and no phones. Mindlessly eating while watching tv can lead to overeating.
- Watch your portion size- make sure your vegetables are the largest portion on your plate. Watch your carbs because these calories can add up quickly and they are so good you’ll want seconds. At least I do. I try and give myself a moderation of carbs on the plate. I always have a salad with olive oil for dinner and either broccoli, asparagus, Brussel sprouts, cauliflower or sweet potatoes on my plate every night.
- Always have vegetables and place fresh fruit out at the table. By placing a beautiful selection of at least 2 different fruit choices and 2 different vegetable choices I feel like I have all the variety I need to nibble on everything. Don’t put yourself in temptation mode by placing hot delicious rolls out every night at dinner. If unhealthy food isn’t insight you won’t be tempted.
- Drink as much water as you can all day long. I have a water bottle that I purchased on Amazon. Make sure you are drinking from a BPA free container. I ordered the 18 oz bottle because it’s not too large to drag around with me all day. Try and drink as much water as you can. If you want to spruce up the water put some lemon slice in there or an orange, or even a strawberry. Water is easier to go down with a splash of flavor.
6. Drink green tea- you can either serve it hot or chilled. There are so many benefits to drinking this wonderful herb. Green tea provides antioxidants, reduces bad breath, increases fat burning, may improve brain function, may help prevent type 2 diabetes, may help prevent cardiovascular disease and helps reduce cholesterol. I like to put a splash of coconut cream in my cup and I serve it chilled with crushed ice. It tastes pretty good. I buy this brand
7. Intermittent fasting works really well for weightloss. My schedule now is no eating from 7 pm- 10 am. I do drink my coffee at 6 am when I wake up. This stretch of time has worked very well for me. At first, I was dying for food upon waking, but now I’m use to it. Studies have shown that intermittent fasting may reduce body weight by up to 8% and decrease body fat up to 16% over 3-12 weeks. GO ahead and try this out for 2 days and see how you feel. Take baby steps on trying to shed those pounds. You can do it! If I can do it you can too!
8. Healthy snacks during the day have available in your house, in the car, in your purse. I have handy almonds, trail mix, pistachios, in my car. Before leaving on a road trip I pack my snacks. If I’m home all day I will have carrots, or apples with almond butter, a small bowl of fruit, avocado with sea salt. Make sure you have these healthy foods around so you can just grab them when your hungry.
9. Plan your meals in advance. I can’t stress this enough. Meal planning is key to success. The old me use to stop by a fast-food restaurant for a quick bite to eat with the kids because we were rushing out the door. Now I have my food menu prepared a week in advance. This has helped everyone in the family know what’s for dinner because it’s usually in the crockpot or marinating in the fridge. I do use this big whiteboard and place in the kitchen to organize the menu and kid’s events for the week. This organizer has helped me tremendously.
10. Watch your Carbs. I feel like bread, popcorn, noodles, and rice are calorie killers. Watch how much you eat of these delicious foods. I don’t know about you, but I can polish off a whole bag of microwave popcorn. That was the old me, now I am much more disciplined. I choose to eat sorghum because corn bothers my arthritis.
I hope my weight loss strategies have helped you! Remember take baby steps and believe that you can do it. Get rid of the junk food in the house. If it’s not there you won’t be tempted to eat it. Your body is a machine feed it well!
All my best,
This post may contain affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link and purchase something I recommend, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps keep my website up and running and is very appreciated. Thank you for your support!